Since the beginning of the last century, the use of chemical pesticides called pesticides in agriculture in order to increase agricultural production has brought along many problems. Soil and water resources have started to be polluted rapidly, many diseases have emerged due to drug residues in food, and many living species have begun to disappear.
After the negative effects of pesticides on people and their environment emerged, an agricultural production technique called organic agriculture (Ecological agriculture) emerged without the use of chemicals. This method is based on trapping and killing harmful insects by attracting them with attractors such as color, odor, pheromone, light, food or disrupting their behavior (biotechnical control) and extensive research has been carried out all over the world. One of the most important results of these studies was the determination that many insects such as white fly, leaf gallery flies, thrips, olive fly, cherry fly are attracted by the bright yellow (Fluorescent yellow) color.
As it can be understood from the explanations above, the use of this technique, which has great benefits, is important in terms of public health, first of all. The absence of insecticide residues in the greenhouse products obtained will facilitate the export of the product at higher prices. Another benefit is that it will create a strong infrastructure for organic agriculture, which is developing rapidly in our country as in the whole world, and it will increase the variety and amount of organic farming products in our country.
It should be added that it will make a significant contribution to the protection of soil, water and wildlife. We can list the advantages of these traps as follows;
Advantages of Biotechnical Control:
- No resistance problem
- Targeting only the pest to which it is applied,
- Trap systems make the struggle visible
Environmentally friendly, non-toxic,
- Protecting the nature and natural balance by reducing the use of pesticides,
- Having state support for expansion at the producer level,
- The most effective application in the use of cultural measures allows time to appear,
- Increases the sustainability index in integrated combat applications,
- It ensures greater adoption of sustainable farming methods (Organic and Good farming).